Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) Engagement
New York's utilities are committed to helping make the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA) successful. Creating New York's sustainable, clean energy future requires prioritizing reliability, identifying low-cost decarbonization strategies, and investing in new technologies. Read the utilities' perspective on the State's CLCPA Climate Action Council Advisory Panels below:
- View the full Utility Consultation Group comments.
- January 2022 Case Study: View the executive summary. View the full report.
- Natural Gas Transformation: View the executive summary. View the full report.
- Maintaining Electric System Reliability: View the executive summary. View the full report.
- Role of the Utility: View the full report.
- Carbon Pricing and Other Economy-wide Strategies: View the full report.
- NY Electric Case Market Review: View the executive summary. View the full report.
View the Executive summary of utility feedback to Advisory Panels
View the Complete Joint Utility Comments to Climate Action Council Advisory Panels:
These 3rd party and JU reports describe potential clean energy pathways and strategies:
|Publication Title||Author Organization||Release Date|
|Power Trends 2021, New York’s Clean Energy Grid of the Future||NYISO||May 2021|
|Pathways to Carbon-Neutral NYC||NYC Mayor's Office, Con Edison, National Grid||April 2021|
|Investing in the U.S. Natural Gas Pipeline System to Support Net-Zero Target||Columbia University Center on Global Energy Policy||April 2021|
|Initial Report on the New York Power Grid Study||New York State Department of Public Service||January 2021|
|Net-Zero America; Potential Pathways, Infrastructure and Impacts||Princeton University||December 2020|
|Pathways to Deep Decarbonization in New York State||Energy and Environmental Economics, Inc.||June 2020|
|Meeting the Challenge: Scenarios for Decarbonizing New York’s Economy||Guidehouse Consultants||February 2021|
|Low-Carbon Resources Initiative Enabling the Pathway to Economy-wide Decarbonization||Electric Power Research Institute||March 2021|